Chinese English

 Frequently Asked Questions

● Do I need to hold a TESOL/TEFL certification before applying?

A 120-hour TESOL/TEFL certification, such as this one offered by Bridge TEFL, is required to apply for a visa. We will be able to start processing your application and arranging interviews before you have completed the certification with an understanding that any offers you may receive would be subject to you completing the course.

● When should I apply?

You will need to get your documentation ready, verified / authenticated and obtain an invitation letter from China. Your employer will assist this process, however, it will still take around two months, so it is advised to apply at least two-three months before your intended arrival date.

● Is the contract with Eurus or the school?

All contracts are with the schools. Eurus will assist with applications, interviews and any contract related questions.

● How long is the teaching contract?

The contracts vary between 1-2 years in length. Typically contracts for TEFL posts will be for one year.